Friday 3 April 2015

Just For Fun...

I once entered a different category at the produce show I was talking about in one of my previous posts; which was to make a monster out of fruit and vegetables (I was about eight years old at the time). I used a melon for the body, carrot chunks for the legs, carrot tops for hair, carrot ends for eyes, a carrot for a tail, a pepper cut in to a jagged shape for the mouth, the eyebrows and stalk for a nose, beans for arms, and baby sweetcorn sticks for horns! I was highly commended for it, but I wasn't bothered where I placed as it was a lot of fun to make and allowed me to be creative with produce.


I would recommend having a go, looking back it could be a way to encourage children to eat their fruit and vegetables as they may see them as being 'fun'. If this is the case, it definitely worked for me!

As I have got older, I can certainly say that I like more fruit and vegetables now, than I did in the picture below. (Plus they are good for you too).

Me and my Monster!

-Emma-